With generous support from Syncrude, The Nextfest Arts Company is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program for Nextfest 2019.
The Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program will support two emerging artists from Fort McMurray by bringing them to Edmonton to collaborate, network, learn and celebrate with other Albertan emerging artists at Nextfest, May 30, 2019 to June 9, 2019.
Emerging artists of all mediums are encouraged to apply. We will do our best to provide an opportunity through one of our programs to present the work of artists who apply to participate. Please include a project brief in your application.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Round trip airfare to Edmonton from Fort McMurray
- Board for the duration of the festival (up to ten nights)
- An exclusive Nextfest Artist Pass which includes: free entry to every event during
Nextfest, access to all artist only events in the festival, and access to all festival workshops
- A Nextfest T-shirt
- The opportunity to meet, mix, and mingle with over six hundred emerging artists from Alberta
Applicants must be:
- An emerging artist of any discipline
- Available to attend Nextfest in Edmonton May 30, 2019 to June 9, 2019 (it is not necessary that applicants come for the entire duration of the festival, though it is encouraged)
- Under 30 years of age
- A resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo area for at least one year
To apply please send:
- A letter of interest
- A project proposal in ANY format
- An artist’s bio and resume (CV)
- A sample of your work in ANY format
Applications are to be submitted to Ellen Chorley, Festival Director, at email@example.com no later than February 1, 2109 at 11:59pm.
No phone calls please.
For more information on the Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program, please contact Festival Director, Ellen Chorley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.