Calling all queer (LGBTQIA2S*+) artists!
We want you to perform at Nextfest’s Pride Nite 2019, Club Kids, Redux on June 8, 2019 at the Roxy on Gateway curated by NIUBOI and Electric Slut.
The Club Kids were a group of dance club personalities in NYC in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The group was notable for flamboyant behaviour and outrageous costumes. They were a terminally superficial partying cult of crazy fashion and petulance. Club Kids, Redux will be a celebration of the Club Kids through a late nite fashion dance party.
Please know that this event is 14+; therefore there are some restrictions:
– No sexual/nudity related content
– No content that encourages drinking
– We will have to mark/wristband the over 18 folks for the bar
We are looking for:
Preferably in a performance capacity from Indigenous identified artists.
10 Minute Performances
Performances can be from any artistic genre or milieu.
Roving Club Kids
Create your best Club Kid outfit and come party!
Have an installation that needs a presentation space? Want to create a Club Kid inspired installation? We are open to your ideas and we will find the most appropriate space for your installation.
Have an idea for something that you don’t think fits into one of the categories above? Send us an email!
*All Artists will be paid a modest honorarium for their work.
Don’t have an art to bring to the party, but still want to help out? WE NEED YOU! We are looking for volunteers to help with Set Up, Tear Down, and Patio Supervision.
Please submit the following information:
- You name, pronouns, email, phone number, and social media handles.
- What do you want to bring to the party? (Land Acknowledgement, Performance, Roving, Installation, Something Else, or Volunteering)
- The names, pronouns, and email addresses of any collaborators
- What do you need to make your performance the best it can be? (projections, microphones, sound played through the sound system, access to electricity, etc)
Send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2019 with the subject line “Club Kids, Redux Application.”