Calling all movement artists! Conduit Nite Club is searching for submissions!
Held on June 1, this Nite Club will emphasize the movement arts ranging from interdisciplinary to collaborative to a good ol’ fashioned line dance.
We are looking for all things moving, including:
- Choreographed works: (5-minute max) performances of any genre of movement.
- Installations/Roving: Transform the space and guide us through the evening. Anything goes!
- Film/Video: Working ideas, works-in-progress or fully fleshed-out movement for the camera. Video mapping, video jamming, live feeds, etc.
- Dance Tutorial: Have you ever wanted to lead a dance class at a party? Do you love the Hustle, the Shim Sham, or Crankin’ that Soulja Boy? Teach us!
- Improvised Collaboration: A half-collaboration, half-improvisation with all willing artists to create and showcase a piece by the end of the night!
- DJ/Band: Do you play tunes that people just have to move to? Get at us!
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2018:
- Statement of Interest (indicate category of interest)
- Project Proposal (N/A for Improvised Collaboration)
- Tech Requirements (if applicable)
- Optional Support Materials:
- Video of Proposed Material or Past Works
If you have an idea that doesn’t suit these categories – submit your proposal anyways! We are open to any interpretations you may have come up with. You define movement!
NOTE: The Nite Clubs are open to artists 18 years of age and older.