Are you yearning to collaborate with other emerging artists? Want to spend 20+ hours during the festival with other like-minded artists to create and develop new art? Then Nextfest has a project for you!
The Nextfest Arts Company is delighted to announce our new Collaboration Project as part of Nextfest 2018. We’re looking for eight emerging artists of any artistic discipline to collaborate throughout the festival. The eight selected artists will be arranged into two groups. Each group will be assigned a mentor to help support their process. Then it’s creation time! Each group will be provided dedicated time in one of our two performance spaces: The Roxy on Gateway, or The Backstage Theatre at the ATB Financial Arts Barns. On the last day of the festival, each creation group will showcase the fruits of their labours: a performance, an exhibit, an installation, whatever they choose!
Artists involved with the Nextfest Collaboration Project will be paid an honorarium.
Applicants must be:
- an artist in any discipline;
- an emerging artist in their first ten years of their career, with no professional representation;
- available during Nextfest 2018 (May 31- June 10) to participate (please be aware that most creation blocks are during day time hours on weekdays. The final presentation is on Sunday, June 10); and
- willing to collaborate, experiment, and meet new people!
- a bio or resume/CV outlining your artistic background/ experience;
- a sample of your work in any format; and
- an artist statement outlining why you want to be a part of the Nextfest Collaboration Project and what kind of unique perspective you will bring to the collaboration.
The deadline to submit is May 10, 2018. Please e-mail submissions to Festival Director Ellen Chorley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NEXTFEST COLLABORATION PROJECT.