TRACKS – CALL FOR ACTOR SUBMISSIONS
Written by Mac Brock
Production dramaturgy by Savanna Harvey
With support from Alberta Playwrights’ Network
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – May 6, 2018.
Is looking back a way to heal wounds or just an act of tearing apart the stitches?
Tracks is an immersive project with the objective of following the footsteps back to the root of a months-long writer’s block. Structured like a curated gallery exhibit, an audience will explore all the hidden spaces of a theatre filled with permutations and combinations of stories that were started and never finished (or were never meant to be). This workshop will explore the relationship between audience, performer, and creator as well as the journey from self-destruction to self-reclamation.
- 2-3 four-hour rehearsals to take place on the weekends of May 13-14 and May 20-21 (times TBD based on cast availability).
- One full-time intensive weekend workshop May 27-28.
- One tech rehearsal in early June.
- Public workshop performance June 10.
- We are seeking an ensemble of 6-10 diverse and eager performers who will each be responsible for 3-5 short staged scenes. There are no assigned genders or physical characteristics for characters, so priority will be on a cohesive and energetic ensemble. Most scenes are written for performers aged 18-24.
- Due to strong elements of audience immersion, willingness and experience in improvisation are an asset.
- Interested performers can send a headshot and simple resume to email@example.com to express interest. There will be no formal auditions held.
All selected actors will receive a small honorarium (amount TBD) for their labour.