With generous support from Syncrude, The Nextfest Arts Company is pleased to announce our new Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program for Nextfest 2017.
The Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program will support two emerging artists from Fort McMurray by bringing them to Edmonton to collaborate, network, learn, and celebrate with other Albertan emerging artists at Nextfest, June 1- 11, 2017.
Emerging artists of all mediums are encouraged to apply. Due to festival deadlines, we cannot guarantee that work by the selected artists will be presented during the festival. However, we will do our best to provide an opportunity through one of our programs. Details will be confirmed after the application process is complete; project ideas could be included in application if desired.
Successful applicants will receive:
• Round trip airfare to Edmonton from Fort McMurray
• Board for the duration of the festival (up to thirteen nights)
• An exclusive Nextfest Artist Pass which includes: free entry to every event during
Nextfest, access to all artist only events in the festival, and access to all festival workshops
• A Nextfest t-shirt
• The opportunity to meet, mix, and mingle with over six hundred emerging artists from Alberta
Applicants must be:
• An emerging artist of any discipline
• Available to attend Nextfest in Edmonton June 1-11, 2017 (it is not necessary that applicants come for the entire duration of the festival, though it is encouraged)
• Under 30 years of age
• A resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo area for at least one year
To apply please send:
• A letter of interest
• An artist’s bio and resume (CV)
• A sample of your artwork in ANY format
Applications are to be submitted to Festival Director, Ellen Chorley, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 21 at 11:59pm.
No phone calls please.
For more information on the The Syncrude Fort McMurray Artist Program please contact email@example.com.