The Nextfest Arts Company is seeking to hire an individual to fill the position of Festival Marketing Manager & Artist Liaison
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 11:59 pm
The Festival Marketing Manager & Artist Liaison supports Nextfest through marketing, brand development and protection, audience development, communication with and between curators and artists, and general festival administration.
The Festival Marketing Manager & Artist Liaison is responsible for:
- working with the Graphic Designer, Festival Director and curators to coordinate the festival program and support materials;
- managing publicity of the festival, including drafting and sending out press releases, coordinating media interviews etc.;
- updating and maintaining the website, and promoting the festival via social media; and
- directly communicating with and supporting the 600+ artists involved with festival.
Flexible part time hours with extended flexible full time hours leading up to and during the Festival.
- (Flexible) Full time hours April 1-15, 2017 for program assembly and administration
- (Flexible) Full time hours May 15- June 11, 2017 for festival publicity, marking, on site social media, and artist communication
This is a contract position to cover a maternity leave. The position starts March 1, 2017 and ends June 30, 2017. This contract pays $3,000 CND.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Marketing and publicity skills an asset;
- Existing relationships with local media an asset;
- Skills and knowledge in social media and other web-based communication;
- A working knowledge of WordPress;
- Strong leadership;
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour under pressure;
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task well;
- Must be reliable and self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and be a strong team member;
- Must be self-directed and able to work remotely; and
- Must have a working knowledge of basic festival protocol.
To submit, please send your resume and cover letter to Ellen Chorley (Festival Director) with the subject line: Marketing Manager & Artist Liaison to email@example.com.
Previous experience with Nextfest will be considered an asset. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview, we thank those that apply. All applications are considered confidential.